The Directory is where you'll find the perfect venue, photographer, dress, suit and so much more for your wedding. Just mouse over the menu tab to see the full range of categories.
Every category is packed with beautiful high resolution images, videos, a detailed business description of what they offer and full contact details including social media links. Shortlist those you love to keep track of notes about them, and use the enquiry form to quickly fire out requests for quotes.
You'll find that your enquiry details will autofill so you can easily request more information from many different vendors with a minimum of effort.
Our Wedding Showcase is a beautifully curated showcase of real Wellington weddings, designed to inspire you as well as giving you a first-hand look at what various venues, photographers and other suppliers can do.
We update the Wedding Showcase quarterly with the city's most beautiful weddings. Every showcase features 50 - 80 gorgeous professionally shot photographs, as well as comprehensive details on every aspect of each wedding - How We Met, Our Wedding Style, The Dress, Hair & Makeup, The Ceremony, The Reception and Advice for Brides To Be.
At the bottom of each showcase, you'll find contact details for all Wellington Weddings vendors featured.
Our Wedding Blog features expert advice from Wellington wedding vendors, such as the best time to have your wedding photo shoot, how to pick your first dance song, tips for bridesmaids much more. All articles are written by Wellington wedding experts for Wellington brides.
We update the blog at least once a week with articles covering everything from budgeting tips, top 10 lists, promotion of upcoming wedding events, competitions and recent trends as well as tips and secrets from the best in the business.
Use the Shortlist to keep all your favourite vendors in one place, and to record all your email and phone conversations with them for easy reference.
To add a vendor to your shortlist, just click the (show icon) icon. You'll need to be logged in to use this feature but if you are not a member already, clicking on the icon will open a register window where you can register with one click.
To review your shortlist, add notes and prices, and record who you have booked for your wedding, just click on My Shortlist, which appears in the menu when you are logged in.
Register to enter weekly competitions, read the latest blog articles, and access the Shortlist.
So you got engaged, congrats! Both of you have found the perfect venue, brilliant! Now comes the part where you suddenly become addicted to Pinterest and decide your whole table look with 100 images of everything from rustic farm banquet to formal plated french opulance… eh, not so fast there. There are a few people you need to chat with before you get you heart set on that dream table décor. Mindy (from Twig & Arrow) shares her top 10 tips on how to plan the perfect table décor below!
Your professional florist, venue manager and caterer will know what the actual table requirements are for your perfect day. You will save money and time if you book your florist before deciding on a table look. Careful consideration will need to be paid to the following when deciding on the look and feel of your reception tables.
1. Lets talk money honey - Make sure you find a professional floral designer who understands your budget. A great floral designer will have tips on how to stretch your budget as far as possible.
2. Caterers need table space too! - There is always space needed for wine, water, shared platters, salt and pepper, bread etc. With all these considered you might not be able to have those gorgeous greenery garlands down the table like you had imagined.
Image by Anna Munro Photography
3.Turning tables - If a venue doesn’t normally provide linen, the venue’s tables may be odd sized or custom built and require a specific hire linen. Ask about measurements. Get the right size and a few more than you need in case one is damaged or stained.
4. No great heights - I would go no more than 40 cm high with a centerpiece unless you choose a tall clear vessel or some of the new steel frame table plinths that your flowers can float on. If you want to give the room height and scale you can consider suspending larger installations above the tables. That way you won’t obstruct your guests’ view.
Image by Candy Capco Photography
5. Flowers and foliage – These are incredibly important and can add loads of warmth, softness, character and style to a room. It is so important to take your florist’s advice on what is best for your wedding season, budget, look and feel. Remember, they’ve done this more than a few times!
6. Vessels, vases & jars - I suggest that you don’t buy your vessels, vases or jars for your tables before finding and deciding on a florist. They may have what you want for rent which will save you loads of money and time.
Image by Bonny Iris
7. See the light! – Use candles if you can – as many as you are allowed. It’s so important to know that candles (good clean burning candles) will totally make the evening magical. If you have to use LED lights due to fire hazard then make absolutely sure they are WARM white. Warm white festoon lights with a fader can be rented relatively inexpensively and make a huge difference. Alternatively, you can buy or hire copper wire battery operated WARM LED lights that can go anywhere.
8. The fine print - Unless you have amazing handwriting I recommend printing your guests’ names on place cards; always remember to print two sets. There are beautiful fonts out there that look handwritten but legible.
Images by Anna Munro Photography
9. Do me a favour - If you can match your favours to your table styling, wonderful! If your wedding favors do not match the table colors or aesthetic, think about putting them at the door or at the bar with signage saying: “Please take one” or “From us to you”.
10. You might want to sit down - Chairs are so important to the look of the table and reception. Wellington has some beautiful venues that provide lovely tables and chairs but some of the older venues with character might not have updated their seating. If the venue you have chosen doesn’t have nice chairs, consider renting them.
Image by Candy Capco Photography
Find the perfect wedding flowers for your wedding! Choose from a range of Wellington's best wedding florists...
You’ve budgeted for all the major items – the venue, dress and photographer. But there are lots of little...
Organising your own marquee wedding without a wedding planner may seem daunting, but all you need is good...
If you’re a bride-to-be dreaming of a timeless wedding which incorporates a hint of romanticism from the...